Your siblings are the children of Nadine, the master of the Birdnest, a large system of farmlands in the overworld. Just like her, they're nothing short of impressive.
Your eldest sister, Layla Aquila, often went hunting in faraway places. She'd bring back plenty of spoils, and delicious prey from nebulae in the depths of space!
But you never knew how she found her way through the sandy clouds of the overworld.
And Meitham Grus, your eldest brother, was always willing to take you anywhere you wanted in the sky. In fact, he'd frequently escort every other sibling of yours on their outings too. He's simply that dependable of a brother!
Yet, you never asked how he could find the way home so consistently.
Siblings are meant to share experiences. Naturally, they also compete.
Yuness Columba, too... who once travelled to the human world without any help, despite being the third youngest of the family. God knows he never stopped bragging about it to you, the second youngest!
He must've known well how to prepare for lengthy trips like that... and yet, you never asked how he managed it. Instead, all you could think about was yourself.
That's not even mentioning your other siblings, whose various survival skills ensured they'd escape the dangers of the overworld, live long enough to eventually meet your mother, and thus... become one family.
Compared to them, you really didn't do much.
Even your fortunate survival in the nurseries was just that - pure luck.
The pressure from trying to withstand the pushback while crossing was more than enough, and all this walking hasn't helped one bit. How much longer do you have to go?
You're starting to feel thirsty, too.
Is it even a good idea to look for Nino and the others like this?
Maybe you could take a break. But... can you afford one right now?
They could just be going further and further while you're dawdling here.
What's going to happen if you never find your friends again?
Uah, these thoughts are so... huh?
A flower is growing in the sand.
How can flowers bloom in a barren desert?
The sight of greenery is unexpected. There's flowers, grass, and...
Hold on, is that a palm tree you're leaning on!?
Trees mean that this land is fertile....
Which means that this path must lead to a water source somewhere!
And THAT means that there's an oasis nearby!
Mei: Head for the trees. Plants mean potential water or food.
Hahah, yes! There wasn't any reason to worry after all!
Even without belief, you can still manage!
When it comes to basic survival, your luck is so very dependable.
Meimona: Enter oasis.
There are flowers everywhere! Not even the sands of the overworld are like this!
It's beautiful... you had no idea a desert could be so full of life.
But nobody's here, really.
Umm, well... everyone else must be looking for an oasis like you were, right? That's what makes the most sense to do in a desert, after all!
If you just wait here, maybe you'll run into them.
Right, didn't your mum tell you something like this before...?
When you got lost, drifting in the stars of space.
What is it that she said again?
Meimona: Remember mum's advice.
- Meimona: ...Hic. Sorry.
- Nadine: I am not mad at you.
- Meimona: But mum is upset.
- Nadine: Yes. But not with you.
- Nadine: Do you know why I am upset?
- Nadine: You realized you were lost out there, didn't you?
- Nadine: And then, what did you do?
- Meimona: I was trying to look for big bro...
- Meimona: But I dunno the way.
- Nadine: Yes. That is your mistake.
- Nadine: Instead of waiting for your brother,
- Nadine: You wandered off on your own.
- Nadine: Even though you're aware that you don't know where to go.
- Meimona: Uuu... sorry.
- Meimona: But mum is happy when Yun visits humans...
- Meimona: So I wanna do it too.
- Nadine: You don't have to do what your brother does.
- Nadine: Each of us in this family have a role.
- Nadine: A dove of peace is unlike a crow of luck.
- Nadine: Yuness blesses the fields of humans in the midworld,
- Nadine: But you are a blessing to our crops at home.
- Meimona: Sorry... I understand...
- Nadine: Mei... listen carefully.
- Nadine: If you get lost from your siblings again, wait patiently.
- Nadine: Because they will always come back for you.
- Nadine: They will hope to find you as they retrace their steps.
- Nadine: Do you understand?
- Meimona: ...Yes.
- Nadine: Good.
Nadine: Embrace precious daughter.
- Meimona: Um...
- Meimona: Mama?
- Nadine: Gosh. My nights were sleepless with worry.
- Nadine: Don't you leave my sight ever again.
- Nadine: I'm so glad you're home again, Mona.
In a place where they're likely to come for you, maybe...
Would they even try, though?
Or is it too much trouble... too much danger?
Maybe, you'll just wait and see.
You just hope you won't have to sit here until nightfall.
- ???: Meimona?
Meimona: Look up.
- ???: Meimona... it's you!
- ???: I can't believe it!
- ???: After all that time... I found you!
Meimona: Who's that?
It really, really is him! But how?
Are you sleeping? Is this a dream? There's no way...
- Meimona: Y... Yuness...?
- Yuness: It's been so long, Mona!
- Yuness: You look well... I'm so glad!
- Yuness: We looked all over for you!
- Yuness: Mom and everyone else, we were so worried...
This is not a dream... your brother really did come for you!
- Meimona: I-I'm so sorry! I'm sorry, I was trapped here...
- Meimona: I never wanted to stay away this long!
- Yuness: It's fine now!
- Yuness: As long as you're well, it's fine, Mona!
- Yuness: Ehehe, I'm so happy, I might cry...!
- Meimona: M-me too!
- Yuness: Come on, let's go home!
- Yuness: They're waiting!
It's unbelievable! Your brother really is the best!
Yuness came here by himself to find you!
Yes, all the way here...
Meimona: ...Through the dome?
- Meimona: Yun, wait... w-we're already going?
- Meimona: How are we gonna go up?
- Yuness: Huh? Just fly, Mona!
- Yuness: Don't tell me you forgot how to use your wings?
- Yuness: Heheh, did the landwalkers influence you that much?
- Meimona: Uwah, no way, you tiny twerp!
- Yuness: Don't call me that! I'm your BIG bro!
- Meimona: But you haven't grown an inch taller, I see!
- Meimona: The stars of Columba didn't give you good genes, did they? Hehe!
- Yuness: What the heck! That's not true!
- Yuness: But you did change so much in such little time...
- Yuness: How did you grow up this quickly anyway!?
- Yuness: There's no way crows are THAT much better than doves!
- Meimona: Wuh, Yun... six years is a long time!
- Meimona: To me, at least!
- Yuness: Hahahaha!
- Yuness: Landwalking really had an effect on your perspective, then.
- Yuness: And maybe not flying for so long also had an effect on your growth!
- Meimona: Well... maybe!
- Meimona: But I'm not joking, umm...
- Meimona: I can't really fly home right now, Yun!
- Meimona: Look at my halo!
- Meimona: My divinity's a little bit... no-good, you see?
- Yuness: Oooh, that's what you're worried about!
- Yuness: It's fine! After all, as soon as reach the heavens...
- Yuness: Your halo will reform!
- Meimona: O... oh!
- Yuness: Besides, I'm here to help you fly back anyway!
- Yuness: I'm the BEST at that in the family, remember?
- Yuness: So, come on! You'll see everyone again!
- Yuness: They're all waiting at home!
- Meimona: Wait, Yun, I lost Boyf...
- Meimona: Err, our cat! I lost our cat.
- Meimona: I-I looked, but I couldn't find him, I'm sorry...
- Yuness: Cat? Oh...
- Yuness: Wait, the little guy's still alive!?
- Meimona: Yeah! He's been with me all this time!
- Meimona: But just earlier, um, we got separated...
- Yuness: Huh. I'll be honest, I wasn't even expecting to find you,
- Yuness: Let alone my old cat.
- Meimona: I'll keep looking for him, though!
- Meimona: So um, hang back for a second down here, okay?
- Yuness: Eh? No, it's fine!
- Yuness: Let's hurry up home first.
- Yuness: And then, we can all look for him together!
- Meimona: Huh? Are you sure?
- Yuness: Of course! Look, Mona...
- Yuness: I'm gonna get hell if I don't bring you back immediately,
- Yuness: So there's no way I won't just leave with you right away!
- Yuness: Do you even realize how crazy worried mom's been?
- Meimona: O-oh...
- Yuness: Yeah, so... don't make them wait any longer.
- Meimona: Y...yes!
- Meimona: You're right!
- Meimona: But I never got to say goodbye...
- Yuness: Goodbye to who?
- Meimona: ...Um...
- Meimona: Nah, it's nothing important!
- Meimona: We can just go, I think!
- Meimona: ...
- Yuness: Huh...? What's wrong, Mona?
- Yuness: Why did you stop flying?
- Meimona: Um, Yun!
- Meimona: How are we going to fly... through the dome?
- Yuness: What do you mean?
- Yuness: You can just go through, Mona!
- Meimona: Eh...?
Meimona: Land back down.
- Meimona: No, that's not possible...
- Meimona: I tried that when I first got trapped here.
- Meimona: But, it's like a solid wall up there!
- Meimona: And my halo lost lots of divinity going up!
- Yuness: Mona, don't worry! I said we can just go through.
- Yuness: How do you think I came down here in the first place?
- Yuness: Gosh, I can't believe you're still so dense!
- Meimona: Uwah, don't be mean, you shortie!
- Yuness: Hey! That's uncalled for!
- Meimona: Heheheh!
- Meimona: I still can't believe you haven't grown a single bit in all that time!
- Yuness: Whatever, let's just go home, Mona.
- Yuness: Everyone's been waiting for a long time!
- Meimona: Oh...
- Meimona: But really, Yun...
- Meimona: Let's not risk it right away, okay?
- Meimona: 'Cause I'm pretty sure we can't go up!
- Yuness: ...
- Yuness: Yes we can.
- Yuness: Stop arguing back so much,
- Yuness: And just follow me already.