- Nino: Stop, stop! I'm awake already!
- Nino: Ugh, who... what the heck...
- Nino: Uh... Five?
- Five: Yay! Nino finally woke up!
- Five: Hello, Nino!
- Nino: Augh, it's so bright.
- Meimona: Heeeey, it worked!
- Five: See! Five can do it!
- Meimona: Good job, Five!
- Aria: Aaah, even though I told you not to wake him up so forcefully...
Nino: Kindly ask Five to not do that again.
- Nino: Please, don't do that again!
- Nino: But, Five... you were trying to wake me up?
- Meimona: ALL of us were!
- Meimona: You were NOT responding though, lazybones!
- Nino: Huh.
- Nino: I think... I heard your voice in my dream, Five.
- Five: Whoa! Really!?
- Five: What did Five say in Nino's dream?
- Nino: Uh...
- Nino: You just called my name.
- Nino: I think that's what woke me up.
- Five: Oh...
- Five: Nino, that's boring.
- Nino: !?
- Five: In a dream, Five wants to be cooler Five!
- Five: Nino, anything can happen in a dream! Don't be boring!
- Five: Next time, Nino must be creative, okay!
- Nino: Five, it's not like you can control what you see when you sleep...
- Nino: I don't even know why you were in my dream.
- Reed: It's probably because she was shouting in your face.
- Meimona: That's so rude, we all shouted a fair bit to wake him up too!
- Meimona: So what about us, picky boy?
- Meimona: Can't we ALL equally share your dreams? Hmph!
- Reed: Please. Don't lump me in with that statement.
- Reed: I'd rather not be in anyone's dreams.
- Meimona: Cool boring input, thanks!
Those three were there too, weren't they?
But... it wasn't the same.
- Reed: I mean, look.
- Reed: If you two are okay with being in a guy's dreams, knock yourselves out.
- Aria: O-oh.
- Meimona: Nwah, what the heck! Shut up, Reed!
- Aria: Suddenly, I'm kind of glad I was left out.
- Aria: Err, I mean, no offense to Nino, but...!
- Meimona: Euuuwugh, I didn't mean anything weird by that!
- Nino: You guys are way too loud...
- Aria: Sorry for waking you up so annoyingly!
- Aria: But I'm glad you had a nice dream, Nino.
- Nino: ...Uh... what makes you think it was nice?
- Five: Because Nino didn't wanna wake up from it!
- Aria: Yes, you were in such deep sleep!
- Nino: I was?
- Meimona: Yeah! You wouldn't wake up when we shook you around!
- Meimona: Not even when we threw pillows at you!
- Nino: ...You did what.
- Aria: H-haha, I tried to stop them, I swear...
- Nino: ...Uh, well, anyway.
- Nino: It wasn't that good of a dream.
- Five: Oh no... did Nino have a nightmare? D:
- Nino: ...No.
- Nino: Actually, I don't remember most of what I dreamt!
- Nino: But it can't be a nightmare if Five was there.
- Five: Oh!!! :D
- Aria: Aw. I guess you only slept deeply because of fatigue, then!
- Nino: Yeah.
Nino: Do you recall your dream at all?
Yes, you do remember it very well.
But it is something far too strange to share. Saying you "don't remember" is much easier, and is obviously much more believable to these guys.
You silently wonder how much importance you should give to what was in it.
What you saw was... interesting. In your dream, who was that?
It's too easy to say it's you, just because of his appearance. And although he did share your memories and capabilities, something about him...
Of course, you're not letting whatever he is order you around as he likes. No one controls your actions besides yourself.
But ultimately, he has proved one thing to you.
You both can agree on how valuable your lost memories are.
Nino: Just in case, check your healing hands ability.
Indeed, your ability does work in the way he's made you recall.
And... wait... what's this?
It looks like you've recharged the amount of healing you can do, with just one good(?) night's sleep! Although you had a weird dream, your body feels well-rested.
So if you run out of healing... you'll need to rest again, huh.
Nino: Ponder what that... thing, said.
Your dream, and what you've heard...
Well, it tells you that you probably do not have anything, or anyone to go back to, so to speak. That there is nothing, and nobody in this world who is waiting for you.
Which is... perfectly fine, of course.
And that concerns your "source".
If, somewhere in this world, you had a safe home, with all basic necessities filled... then why did you leave it? What does the monster world have to offer, that you'd depart from safety for? If this world was so unimportant that you'd leave it without a care, then it wasn't really home.
In conclusion, finding the "source" doesn't matter.
Nino: If that Phantom really was you, then are you really sure you want to remember?
Of course you do.
If the "source" doesn't matter, then the only thing that does is your "destination". You have to get there, to regain your memories, and get back on track.
The "you" in your dream isn't wrong about that part. If there's one thing he's gotten right, it's that you were distracted by everyone else from the most important goal - your memories.
What you must do now is set off towards recovering them.
So, it's back to the drawing board.
Nino: But Kaji did say you could lose yourself if your memories turn out to be undesirable.
Sure he did, but so what?
What does Kaji know about you, after all?
Spoilers, the answer is nothing.
Only you know yourself, and you don't want to lose your trust in that fact.
Giving up on moving forward isn't your style.
Nino: Why aren't you listening?
Kaji is irrelevant, so pipe down already!
You're not obligated to do anything besides what helps you.
Focus on what matters!
Nino: Who knows what you will have whenever the end comes. It's naïve to pretend that you'd know. But right now, it is far more naïve to believe you "only have yourself".
What's the deal with all these annoying thoughts!?
Look, you're not ignoring the others, but your goals do not entirely match up.
Thanks to them, you've gotten quite distracted from the fact that a part of you is missing. To make things worse, this started becoming your 'normal' state in their eyes. This incomplete you is what everyone else has accepted.
But as long as you know there's a way towards becoming whole...
You are not giving up on it.
In the end, why should their goals matter more than yours?
Seriously, one more off-course thought, and you'll...
- Aria: Nino... are you alright?
- Aria: Are you angry that we woke you up, after all?
Aria: Check up on Nino.
- Aria: You haven't said much since then...
- Aria: I'm sorry that they've annoyed you so much,
- Aria: But I promise they only woke you up out of concern!
Of course she'd go out of her way, apologizing on others' behalf like this.
Come to think of it.
She... is so very valuable, isn't she?
If your goal is in the monster world, then she's the most important person here.
...But to ask her to accompany you would be an incredibly tall order.
Just imagining how it will go sounds very ridiculous already.
"Hey, I know you've finally found your way to the world of humans, and barely escaped the danger of monsterkind, but how about we just waltz right back in there? I have something I urgently need to remember, you see."
"Thanks in advance."
Yeah, Aria is nice, but she's not that nice.
You'll need a different approach. Being straightforward won't do you any favors.
- Nino: I'm perfectly fine, don't worry.
- Aria: Really?
- Nino: Yep.
- Aria: Alright... that's good, then.
- Aria: But if there's anything troubling you, I'd be happy to help!
- Aria: I hope that I can lend an ear, at the very least...
- Nino: ...Yeah, thanks.
- Nino: There really is no problem though, so don't worry.
- Aria: Alright!
- Aria: Hehe, by the way... are you hungry, Nino?
- Nino: Oh, now that I think about it,
- Nino: We should get ourselves breakfast soon, huh.
- Aria: Um, I'm already preparing something, actually!
- Aria: I think it's a meal you'd enjoy a lot, hehe...
- Aria: It'll be done soon, so make sure you don't snack on anything before then!
- Nino: Oh, uh... okay?
Man, these guys sure have nothing to worry about.
Should you be envious of their ignorance, or thankful that you've woken up from yours?
Regardless, you have a lot to think about.
For now, you'll let them mess about as they like. There should be no interruptions if they're busying themselves away.
Aria: Return to the group.
- Aria: This room really is something else, huh? We've got everything we need!
- Reed: I'm thankful for the pajamas in particular.
- Reed: They're unexpectedly comfortable.
- Meimona: Well, our room's definitely better equipped than Kaji's!
- Reed: Why do you know what that looks like?
- Meimona: Ummm, reasons... hey, don't give me weird looks!
- Meimona: Nino and I kinda just broke in there to borrow some stuff. That's all!
- Reed: What the hell.
- Meimona: We were adventuring, okay!?
- Reed: Oh, sure, that makes breaking into people's homes totally acceptable.
- Meimona: Yeah! Some crazy escapades here, ahhh... good times. B)
- Reed: I was being sarcastic...
- Aria: I think I like this little kitchen the most.
- Aria: The hotel staff were kind enough to stock it in advance!
- Reed: Oh, the kitchen... right, I was gonna make something.
- Meimona: Ha, what, YOU? Can you even cook?
- Reed: Yes?
- Meimona: ...Really...?
- Aria: I'll help! It'd be good to prepare enough breakfast for everyone.
- Aria: In addition to what I'm already baking, hehe.
- Reed: Nah, I didn't mean breakfast.
- Reed: I just need a gallon of coffee right about now if I want to stay awake.
- Aria: Oh... didn't you have a good sleep?
- Reed: No. But getting some food with my coffee sounds cool too.
- Aria: That's unfortunate. :(
- Aria: Then let's see here, what'll be a good meal for five people...
- Meimona: Oh, hey! Hey hey hey, Aria!
- Aria: What is it?
- Meimona: Heh, you should, heh heh, ahem...
- Meimona: You should go make me a sandwich.
- Reed: ...
- Aria: Sure! What kind do you like?
- Reed: Aria. Put that fifth plate back.
- Reed: We're making breakfast for four only.
- Meimona: Wait, no! It was just a joke!
- Aria: W-why did the number go down?
- Meimona: I was joking! Please count me iiin!
- Reed: You get what you deserve.
- Meimona: I can't cook a single thing to save my life, aaauh!
- Nino: Guys. Pipe down.
- Nino: I have something to say.
- Nino: ...Hold on. Something smells really good.
- Aria: That would be the muffins! Hehe!
- Five: Yay! Muffins!!
- Meimona: (Am I getting a muffin sandwich?)
- Nino: Huh. Is that so.
- Nino: Cool.
- Aria: Um, don't you like muffins, Nino?
- Aria: I'll make tea to go with them like last time too, so...
- Nino: I'm not picky.
- Nino: Whatever's there is fine by me.
- Aria: Oh... a-alright.
- Nino: Reed, you're familiar with the monster world's layout, aren't you?
- Reed: ...Depends on what you exactly mean by that.
- Reed: More or less, I'd say yes.
- Reed: Although it's not on the level of someone who lives there, I guess.
- Nino: I mean, you have experience in crossing through rifts, right?
- Nino: Actually, to put this in better words...
- Nino: You're familiar with how that world's layout relates to this one's, yes?
- Reed: Oh... yeah.
- Reed: That's actually the best way to describe it.
- Reed: I'm surprised you got it down so accurately.
- Nino: I see. In that case...
Nino: Make an important decision.
- Nino: Instead of waiting around for the docks to open,
- Nino: Let's go to the capital right now.