Meimona: Look over where?
- Meimona: Woah!
- Nino: See, now this looks concern-worthy.
- Aria: Oh, hey guys! You're back!
- Five: Hello, Nino! Hello, Meimona!
- Five: And hello, kitty!
- Reed: ...Nino...
- Meimona: Umm, what the heck is going on over here...?
- Meimona: Reed looks so out of it!
- Aria: What do you mean? We're just shopping!
- Aria: Or more like, we were going to do that, until you showed up.
- Meimona: S-shopping? Right now?
- Five: Yes! Shopping!
- Aria: Well, Nino disappeared for a while.
- Aria: So instead of waiting around doing nothing...
- Aria: We decided to look around the place!
- Aria: Do you guys want to join in?
- Meimona: Oh, Nino and I have already done our COOL tour of the island, heheh.
- Nino: So now it's their turn, huh?
- Reed: Nino. No. It's not.
- Reed: Stop. Listen.
- Reed: This is a hostage situation.
- Nino: What?
- Reed: They're trying to kill me.
- Aria: Oh, stop exaggerating, Reed.
- Reed: Nino.
- Reed: This woman is ruthless.
- Aria: I-I'm not!
- Nino: Haha, what!
- Nino: What exactly did Aria do?
- Reed: I mean, look.
- Reed: She made me interact with the strangers here.
- Reed: And now she wants to go buy things.
- Reed: What the hell did I do to deserve that.
- Aria: I just thought it would be nice if you loosened up a little...
- Reed: You hear that? Pure evil.
- Aria: I'm not evil, augh!
- Nino: Oh, you really were just overexaggerating.
- Reed: God dammit, man. You were my last hope.
- Reed: Does nobody get me here?
- Reed: I need to hit something to let this stress out.
- Meimona: What's the big deal, dummy?
- Meimona: You really hate talking to people that much!?
- Reed: It's going to be you if you don't shove it.
- Meimona: W-woah, calm down!
- Nino: Yeah, hey!
- Nino: No need to be so restless anymore, because...
Nino: Present room key.
Party: Get a move on.
Thank god this hotel has no policy against pets!
It seems that Kaji's connections are what allow you to use such a special place... and it looks like you're technically his neighbors now!
Party: Enter your... home?
- Aria: Oh my, what a nice room!
- Aria: Look, there's even a little kitchen here...!
- Reed: Mm.
- Reed: This place will do.
- Nino: Gee, such high praise.
- Meimona: Hm. Hmmm.
- Meimona: Guys. I smell apples.
- Meimona: And several other nice fruits...
- Reed: Uh, what...?
- Meimona: Something's afoot, I say!
- Reed: ???
- Nino: Hey, what's that on the table?
Nino: Discover the source of fruit-smell.
Mr. Kaji asked penguins to accommodate five individuals.
However, room has only four beds, not five.
So penguins leave gift to apologize for inconvenience.
Clients have little child, so gift is good for little child.
Penguins hope you enjoy the stay.
Call for room service if need, anytime!
It looks like their well-picked gift has already taken it's intended effect, too!
This should be fine, the room's furnishings seem accommodating, and the couches here may be sufficient enough to use as an extra bed.
Either way, considering that you're getting all of this for free from these kind penguins (and Kaji)...
You have no complaints to speak of, whatsoever!
As for you, you're just gonna... sit down for a sec on the nearest spot.
Boy, what a long day this was.
Aria: Make a mental note to bake muffins for everyone the first chance you get.
And, since the only thing you gave Nino during your first meeting was muffins...
Perhaps doing this would help recover his memories somehow.
However, all baking activities will have to wait a little more for now!
There's something else you've got to figure out first.
Aria: Then, what exactly is your plan from here on out?
It's not like you know this world well enough to decide anything for sure, but...
You've had a clear plan crafted for you already.
The way things were, you'd have directly gone with Reed to wherever 'Headquarters' is, as he had planned. And of course, Five would've accompanied you too, but with the way things are...
Surely, a wrench has been squarely lodged into everyone's plans here.
For now, this chance to rest is also a chance to figure everything out again.
- Aria: Hey, Reed, what are you going to do next?
- Aria: Wasn't your destination, in, umm...
- Aria: You called it the capital, I believe?
- Reed: Yes, in the north.
- Reed: That's where we should have gone right away.
- Reed: But... you heard what the pirate said, right?
- Reed: The ports are closed for two days.
- Reed: And it's not like I can just get a ship for us, or anything.
- Aria: Well, I think Mr. Kaji might agree to help us out!
- Aria: Maybe he'd be kind enough to sail us to the capital.
- Reed: Maybe. It sounded like Nino got on his good side.
- Reed: But I'm sure that'll only be when he's allowed to open the ports again.
- Reed: So, again, means we have no choice but to spend those two days here first,
- Reed: Until we're able to cleanly and legally hitch a ride out.
- Aria: Ah... I see.
- Aria: Hehe, you really don't want any issues with the law again, huh?
- Reed: Of course not!
- Reed: Just this once with all of these buffoons was more than enough...
- Aria: Don't be so harsh...
- Aria: And, I think it's alright to wait. This place is wonderful!
- Aria: Nobody would mind spending a few days here...
- Aria: I certainly don't, for sure!
- Reed: Yeah. It seems well-equipped enough.
- Reed: Uh... actually, Aria.
- Reed: There's something I wanna say.
- Aria: What is it?
- Reed: Uh, I should've said this much earlier, but...
Reed: I apologize in advance, but can we get a Reed on your plan from here on out?
Just this once, though.
Since this is a rather important topic.
- Reed: You know...
- Reed: Whenever we recovered any humans from the monster world, we'd follow it up by making sure that they can find a good residence in the capital, and that they can get a good chance to integrate well into the community.
- Reed: And these are... just some necessary basics.
- Reed: So, I'm saying...
- Reed: Of course I wasn't just going to plop you right into this world and fuck off.
- Reed: No way, not when you have nothing here.
- Reed: So, we'd make sure to give you something to start off with.
- Aria: Oh...
- Reed: And, I... would've done that stuff once we'd reached the capital.
- Reed: It's what I still intended to do, as standard protocol.
- Reed: But, uh...
- Reed: Not if you don't want any of it by now.
- Reed: So if you're good on your own, then... just do whatever you want.
- Reed: Enjoy the freedom of being human with humans, or something, I don't know.
- Reed: I'll just be here until the first chance I get to head for the capital.
- Reed: You don't need to force yourself to go with my killjoy pace, so...
- Aria: Ah, hold on, Reed!
- Aria: When you say "we"...
- Aria: Do you mean Headquarters, too?
- Reed: Oh. Uh...
- Reed: Yeah.
- Aria: Actually, I'd really like to meet them, then!
- Aria: I honestly have to give my sincere thanks for everything you guys did.
- Aria: So, well...
- Aria: Once I do that, I won't trouble you with much else at all.
- Aria: I'll just find my own way in the capital afterwards!
- Reed: ...
- Aria: So is that okay?
- Reed: ...Sure, but...
- Reed: Don't get any nonsense ideas about being indebted to me, or whatever.
- Reed: I don't need anything from you, Aria.
- Aria: ...Oh.
- Reed: ...I meant that in a good way, alright.
- Reed: Just do whatever you want.
- Aria: Yeah, no need to repeat that...!
- Aria: But, thank you very much for everything, Reed.
- Reed: I... hey, what did I just say.
- Aria: I-It's not about feeling indebted!
- Aria: I just feel very grateful to be here right now...
- Reed: Save the thanks for things that actually matter.
- Aria: Huh? How could this not matter?
- Aria: Even though you're not so nice with your words...
- Aria: I still wouldn't want to underrate the goodness you've done, after all.
- Reed: Ok, then, listen. New rule.
- Reed: There's no need for thanks, either.
- Reed: I'm just doing what I would've done for any human there.
- Reed: So don't say that again. Got it?
- Aria: Uah, fine...!
- Aria: I get it, I guess...
But you have a feeling that if you insist on giving him a kind response, he'd only complain more and more.
What a confusing person he is!
Maybe Reed's just allergic to your kind of personality. Hopefully, you're not too overbearing... though you truly don't enjoy being anything less than genuine.
Reed: Check in on your messages. You're sure a certain someone must be dying to get an update.
- Reed: Augh, god, speaking of 'Headquarters'...
- Reed: I need to make a report that I'm not coming back right away.
- Reed: Nnnnnnngh.
- Aria: Oh my, would they be unhappy to hear that?
- Reed: "Unhappy" is putting things lightly.
- Reed: I'll probably get yelled at.
- Aria: W-whoa, what...
- Aria: Hold on, what sort of person could yell at YOU of all people!?
- Reed: Uh. Go stick your nose in someone else's business.
- Reed: Let me make my call in peace.
- Aria: Aah... but how could I not be curious here?
- Aria: Really, you act like you're this person's underling, or something...
- Reed: What?
- Aria: I-I mean, it's just how this seems to me!
- Aria: Sorry...!
- Reed: ...Well, actually.
- Reed: Maybe you're not too far off.
- Aria: I'm not!?
- Reed: But that's enough about that.
- Reed: Look, since you've decided what you'll do with yourself,
- Reed: What about your tag-along?
- Aria: Huh...?
- Aria: Oh, you mean Five!
- Reed: Yeah.
- Aria: I wanted to help her find her old friends, but...
- Aria: ...Wait...
- Aria: Five..?
- Aria: Where did she go?
- Aria: She was right here just a moment ago!
- Reed: Over there.
- Reed: By the table.
Five: Go see Nino, you've waited long enough!
Thank god, that's so nice WAIT NO.
You might want to tell Five the truth about Nino forgetting you two. She'll be heartbroken either way, but it'd be 10 times worse if Nino directly admitted to her he doesn't remember her. There won't be a good time, but now, at the very least, isn't the worst time.
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.
IT'S NOT NICE.
YOU... YOU WERE GOING TO DO THIS, BUT, BUT...
YOU DIDN'T DO ANY OF THAT YET...
FIVE... OH NO...
- Five: But Nino promised!
- Five: Nino said... Nino will help Five... find friend!
- Five: Aria said so, too... and Aria helped!
- Five: Now Nino... is breaking a promise?
- Nino: ...No.
- Nino: I just don't remember.
- Five: But, why not?
- Five: If Nino will not remember Five...
- Five: Then did Five do something wrong to Nino?
- Nino: Maybe?
- Nino: I wouldn't know if you did.
- Five: Wah, r-really...?
- Aria: No, no, Five! You're okay!
- Aria: You did nothing wrong to anyone!
- Five: But...
- Aria: It's all okay, Five...
- Aria: Nino, can't you be a little nicer?
- Nino: What, you want me to just lie, then?
- Aria: Not that... but she's just a kid.
- Aria: Please be more careful with what you say.
- Nino: I heard nothing about these details until now, you know.
- Five: Nino...
- Aria: It'll be alright, Five.
- Aria: We can't blame Nino for forgetting us, if it's something he can't control.
- Five: So Nino... also forget Aria, too?
- Aria: ...Yeah, but...
- Aria: Maybe he will remember us with time!
- Aria: So don't be sad, alright?
- Five: ...Really?
- Five: Will Nino really remember?
- Nino: ...
- Nino: Who knows.
- Aria: Let's not be so pessimistic...
- Aria: Really, can't you say something nicer in response?
- Nino: Ugh, again with this...
- Aria: The least you could do is be a bit more reassuring to Five.
- Nino: What, you guys are allowed to question me all you want, but I'm not allowed to be uncomfortable with it?
- Five: ...
- Meimona: Heeey, Aria has a fair point!
- Meimona: Even I think you should have more delicacy, mister.
- Meimona: You're talking to a kid here!
- Nino: Yeah, yeah, whatever.
- Nino: What would you know, anyway.
- Meimona: Weeeell, I had a lil' baby sister at home, sooo...
- Meimona: A fair bit more than you do, I'd wager!
- Nino: Meh.
- Five: ...Nino, Mei, Aria...
- Five: Don't fight!
- Five: You're all being bad!
- Five: Behave, or Five will put you in time-out.
- Nino: W-what.
- Aria: ...Aww.
- Aria: I wonder if she's mimicking an adult.
- Meimona: Oh ho! You heard her, guys!
- Meimona: I agree with the young miss, so let's all be positive here.
- Meimona: Nino, maybe talking about this stuff can jog your memories!
- Nino: Uh... maybe.
- Nino: I don't really know.
- Meimona: Come on, be positive, I said!
- Meimona: Let's put it to the test, shall we?
- Meimona: Talk to me, Five!
- Meimona: Tell me, how did you come to meet these two here?
- Five: Umm...
- Five: Five met Nino first.
- Five: And Nino... took Five to Aria!
- Aria: Ah, that's right.
- Aria: That was in the monster world.
- Aria: But... I don't really know how Nino found her!
- Aria: ...And it's not like he remembers.
- Nino: ...
- Meimona: B-but Five knows, so it's okay, right?
- Five: Oh... yes!
- Five: Five remembers very well!
- Meimona: Great! Five to the rescue!
- Meimona: Tell us! Don't let these two start bickering again...
- Five: Five remembers...
- Five: Five... was hurt.
- Five: Was very hurt... and scared.
- Five: Everything, so dark.
- Five: Five... feeling a lot of pain.
- Five: But, Nino...
- Five: Five saw Nino, and there was light.
- Five: And Nino... healed Five!
- Five: Then, Nino promised to take Five home!
- Nino: I... healed you?
- Five: Yes!
- Nino: Whoa, really?
- Nino: I guess that would be within my capabilities.
- Meimona: You've got an interesting ability, huh!
- Five: Maybe, even if Nino forgot Five and Aria...
- Five: Nino still isn't bad.
- Five: So... everyone, don't be mean to Nino!
- Aria: Oh, I-I wasn't trying to be...
- Meimona: Wah! I didn't think I was mean, but...!
- Nino: Hahah!
- Nino: Look how the tables have turned, you bullies!
- Nino: Um... Five, you'd root for me, even though I forgot my promise?
- Five: Yes!!!
- Five: Because...
- Five: Nino is Nino, even if Nino forgets.
- Five: A good person, stay always a good person.
- Five: So, it's okay!
- Nino: Heh, really...?
- Nino: You're a good kid.
- Meimona: Hold on, I don't really get all this, though.
- Meimona: I mean, she's just a little kiddo.
Five: Ask why Five being a monster is an issue.