It's definitely not anything ordinary, seeing that it was the product of an ability, but it's not like you needed any confirmation on that, and especially not in such a terrifying form!
Everything happened so fast, you have no idea if you're in more danger...
Or possibly less somehow, since that guy's leaving you alone for the most part. All you know is that this ice wall just separated you and Meimona. And uh, it might be the only thing standing between you and getting sliced like a steak pie by an attractive hatchet-wielding woman. That's probably one of the top 5 ways to go out with a bang, really.
Mei better hope that girl doesn't hurt her instead.
- Reed: ...
- Reed: You.
- Nino: AAAAAAAAAAAAH WHAT-
Somehow that's a thing that exists, and by god does it feel it terrifying.
- Nino: DON'T KILL ME!
- Nino: I-I'll kill you FIRST if you try.
- Reed: What?
C'mon, surely we can do better than the bare minimum, yeah?
Anyway, you're not sure what 'stats' are, but with just one glance, you can tell that there's nothing special about this person whatsoever.
- Reed: I'm not going to do that.
- Nino: Oh.
- Reed: ...Unless you're thinking of trying it first?
- Nino: N-NO!
- Reed: Ok.
- Reed: Good, then.
- Nino: Woah.
- Nino: Don't get any closer.
- Reed: What are you scared of.
- Nino: Stop.
- Reed: Why would you even think murder is a possibility.
- Nino: Because you look like you're going to snap and rip something off at any moment.
- Reed: "Something"?
- Nino: Yeah like, my fingers. One by one.
- Reed: Who the hell would do something like that.
- Nino: You?
- Reed: I assure you, I don't have the creativity required for whatever colorful torture you're imagining.
- Reed: And you realize you're the one actually holding a weapon here, right?
- Nino: Oh. This is...
- Nino: Just... for potential self defense.
- Reed: Right.
- Nino: Right!
- Reed: Look, I just want to know something.
- Reed: And you're the only thing here, so don't scamper like a mouse.
- Nino: T-thing.
- Reed: That's right.
- Nino: ...Right...
- Nino: Okay, well, what... what do you want?
- Reed: Can you, in as few words as possible, tell me what's going on here. And fast.
This girl's off her rocker, and she somehow knows Nino?
He didn't mention anything about this. Plus, whoever that kid who followed her is, she seemed incredibly worried about her mad friend's wellbeing.
You'd really like to know why a kid is tagging along in such a bizarre situation in the first place, but that doesn't seem like it'll be a short story.
- Meimona: H-hey, uh, girl!
- Meimona: Calm down, what are you trying to do?
- Aria: I am CALM!
- Aria: YOU calm down!
- Aria: And help me break this weird ice, okay!?
- Meimona: I-I am calm, though.
- Aria: If you can't help, then stay out of this!
- Aria: ...Augh, why is it not working...
But most importantly, you yourself are getting roped into it all.
It's clear to you that nothing but emotions are steering her right now. You doubt she's in a state where talking common sense will do anything positive.
Instead, maybe it's best to just give her what she wants...
She and her friend, as well as Kaji here. They all know NOTHING about you.
This is the best opportunity you'll ever get.
- Meimona: No, no, you're not listening!
- Meimona: Look, girls! Don't you know who I am?
- Five: No...
- Aria: Are we supposed to?
- Meimona: Of course you are!
- Kaji: Well.
- Kaji: This here's just a petty thief.
- Meimona: Wrong, dummy!
- Meimona: Don't listen to him, look...
- Meimona: I'm the strongest person here is who!
- Meimona: So Kaji, if you really think you've got us now, then think again buddy!
- Kaji: Oh?
- Kaji: As if anythin' or anyone's gettin' ya outta this.
- Aria: Hey, w-winged boy!
- Aria: I don't know about her, but what did *I* ever do to deserve this!
- Kaji: You... do you just...
- Kaji: Not have any damn clue what yer in?
- Kaji: Ya make it sound like I'm personally and unfairly tormentin' ya.
- Aria: Because you are!
- Aria: I just wanted to see my friend!
- Aria: I don't think I did anything wrong...
- Kaji: Yeah, nah.
- Kaji: Yer wearin' my patience thin faster than every other idiot here.
- Aria: Ah-!
- Meimona: Woah! Careful!
- Aria: Stay back!
- Meimona: Woah!
- Kaji: Woah.
- Aria: H-hey, you!!!
Apparently, you're the one getting protected for once. That's not a bad surprise.
- Kaji: Not bad.
- Aria: That was really dangerous!
- Aria: What were you thinking, you idiot!
- Aria: I mean... there's a kid here, you stupid idiot!
- Meimona: That's your biggest worry here...?
- Aria: Of course it is!
- Aria: I don't want her to see this of all things!
- Meimona: Oh.
- Aria: Are you okay, Five...?
- Aria: Sorry, that probably scared you.
- Five: It's okay!
- Five: Five wasn't hurt...
- Five: And Aria... looked really cool!
- Aria: Wha...
- Five: Five wants to be cool like that, too.
- Aria: Oh, Five, no!
- Aria: T-that's not the right impression to get here!
She's almost definitely not a bad person after all!
Nino's friends are pretty interesting, huh. They might be of more help than you first thought... including the kid, too. Is that why he kept these details away from you?
You definitely have to speak to him about this later.
- Aria: Um, what's going on between you two, by the way...
- Meimona: Whatcha talking about? Me and who?
- Meimona: (Nino?)
- Aria: You and this awfully rude angel!
- Aria: He said you're a thief.
- Meimona: Oh!
- Aria: I don't want to be dragged into any trouble...
- Meimona: You're already knee deep in it yourself!
- Meimona: But, uhh, about that, haha! It's nothing important.
- Meimona: You shouldn't even listen to that guy.
- Aria: ...Is it not?
- Meimona: Yeah, totally unimportant!
- Aria: I'm not sure I believe it.
- Meimona: Weeelp...
- Meimona: Yes, we're all free to have our own thoughts and opinions, yes...
- Meimona: And we are free to be plenty wrong about things as well!
- Meimona: Yes, yes, quite indeedio.
- Aria: That's not what I-
- Meimona: Buuuut! Anyways!!!
- Meimona: Girl, didn't you say you wanted to see Nino?
- Meimona: I actually totally agree with that.
- Aria: O-oh!
- Aria: You... do?
- Meimona: Yep. We need to get to him right away.
No, despite everything at your disposal, you need the presence of the person who'll boost your luck the most.
Otherwise, your hard work will be all for nothing!
- Meimona: ...However!
- Meimona: That tiny, pathetic thing in your hands is NOT how you tear down an ice wall.
- Aria: ...!
- Meimona: Step aside.
- Meimona: I'll show you how it's done with my bare hands.
- Aria: What!
- Meimona: I'm gonna punch this wall so hard it crumbles.
- Five: But that will hurt... lots!
- Aria: Y-yeah!
- Aria: You're going to harm yourself if you try something dumb like that!
- Meimona: Naaah, I told you, I'm REALLY strong!
- Meimona: Like, really REALLY strong.
- Meimona: One time, I... flexed my bicep and it tore my sleeves apart.
- Five: Woaaah... really!?
- Meimona: ABSOLUTELY!
- Meimona: You can ask Nino about it, kid!
- Meimona: He was UTTERLY FLABBERGASTED at my display of SHEER POWER.
- Five: Woooooow!
- Aria: ...Umm.
- Five: Aria! Angel is... so strong!
- Meimona: That's right!
- Five: Angel can help Aria!
- Meimona: That's right, I can!!!
- Aria: ...
- Aria: Then...
- Aria: Are you saying...