With these guys, hopping straight into a fight rather than wasting time talking anything out is the best option. Man, Combat is so... simple, direct, and to the point.
If only you could solve all your annoying problems this way, huh?
- Spirit: General!
- Spirit: How- How dare you!?
- Meimona: Nino! Careful!
Mei: Take down the other fake!
If you got hit by those sparks, you could take some serious damage... and they seem really annoying to dodge, especially since you're not as fast as Mei - who's been able to keep up with everything here as you fought the other spirit.
Seems like she's noticed this too, and is trying to fend for you as a result.
Hah, as if you'd be content just sitting in the back!
You're the leader, for god's sake.
Nino: Rush forward.
First, all you need to do is dodge, and keep a clear eye on your target from a safe distance. Then, in your head, count very carefully.
Good. That's plenty.
And within those five, the best opportunity is at exactly three seconds, when this spirit's aim is set, and couldn't be suddenly redirected.
So dodge one more time, and do not blink.
Then, with your eyes tracking the target's movement, count again.
And at the most opportune moment...
Nino: Close the distance.
- Meimona: Woah!
- Spirit: Gah... ugh!
You did it. You... actually did it, huh?
You can finally breathe again, then.
And the moment you do, you suddenly feel your entire body shaking from head to toe. Wow, you are definitely not used to this sort of thing.
- Spirit: .- ..- --. .... !
- Spirit: No, not yet, I can still...
Nino: Approach spirit.
After all, it doesn't look like your opponent has given up.
You can't relax now, nor let any weakness show at a crucial moment like this.
- Meimona: ...
- Nino: ...Look, the one you called "general" is dead and gone.
- Nino: And now, you're the only one left.
- Nino: Even though you're so heavily injured...
- Nino: Do you still want to fight us?
- Spirit: We... we were taught...
- Spirit: To never run from a battlefield.
- Spirit: A soldier who deserts his position is a coward,
- Spirit: He harms his allies' morale more than any enemy ever could.
- Nino: Hm? But this isn't a battlefield, and we're not in wartime.
- Nino: Words like "honor" and titles like "general" mean absolutely nothing here.
- Nino: You'd just be walking to your death if you still want to fight me.
- Spirit: ...Kh...! It doesn't matter...
- Spirit: My duty is more important!
Then so be it.
You'll spare no mercy here either.
Spirit: Fail to fight back.
- Spirit: Aaah, g-gah...!
- Meimona: Uah...
- Spirit: N-no, wait... I... I...
- Spirit: Please, I...
Screaming in pain using that voice, bleeding while looking like that...
It's too much! Nino can just handle this on his own!
Hopefully, it will all be over soon...
Child: Beg for mercy.
- I'm so sorry! I was wrong! Please, please, don't kill me!
- I, I want to live too...!
- I'll do a better job this time, so please...
Pain really is what uncovers someone's true self after all.
And these spirit things seem to feel it just like ordinary people do...
Nino: You'd better put it out of its misery.
You should end this before it has a chance to try any more illusory tricks.
Even though it looks like spirits aren't especially good at fighting, the reason everyone still believes these guys are dangerous enemies, is...
This thing, this being...
It could still be useful, couldn't it?