You think of many things in astonishment. For one, you think this is the thief from the poster. And she looks almost like Galactic Princess Selene's rival in season 3, the plucky gentlewoman thief who somehow steals the codes to deactivate the heroine's cyborg friend, but then in a twist of fate, falls in love with the loveless cyborg, thus kickstarting a tragically boring season of side romance. Wow!
Also you accidentally say "Woah" out loud and start to feel like a dumbass, because that was REALLY loud.
And she notices you because of it.
...She VERY notices you, for some reason.
She makes a weird noise and tosses away the tip of the mountain.
Nino: hold cat closer to your chest. for protection
Okay, you're out of being astonished, what the fuck just happened!
The girl runs down the mountain and towards you, loudly yelling something you can't quite make out. Cat hangs on tightly and you hang on tighter. Oh no, it seems cat is very scared of her. No worries, cat, you will defend both of you with your life!
Even if the thief's strength seems a bit scary.
Nino: Die on the inside
You scream at her to STAY BACK because you have a VERY, VERY, VERY SHARP SWORD!
Unfortunately your voice cracks a little and it also doesn't look like she's affected at all by the threat. You're not even sure if she heard you. Just then, she yells something at you.
"MY BOYFRIEND", she says.
"...WHAT" you pause.
You began to freak out. What the fuck!
You say oh my god, no way. You mean, you have a girlfriend? Is she your girlfriend? You yell "PLEASE HANG ON I DON'T REMEMBER DATING YOU ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THAT IT WAS NICE BUT UH WAIT WHY WOULD I HAVE BEEN DATING A WINGED NOT A HUMAN EVEN IF IT'S UM A CUTE ONE AND WHY WOULD MY GIRLFRIEND BE A CRIMINAL I DON'T UNDERSTAND-"
"BOYFRIEND!" She says.
She heard none of what you were saying.
Wait. The cat. Not you. What.
WHAT. Why is the cat her BOYFRIEND?
Wait, she took cat from you! No!! You can't lose the cat!
Nino: STAB HER BEFORE SHE STABS YOU WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE
- Nino: Let it be known that I will uh, I will...
- Nino: I have a. Sword.
- Nino: And I know how to use it.
- ???: Oh, Hi! Hello!
- ???: I'm sorry for surprising you!
- ???: Thank you so much for saving my dear Boyfriend!
- Nino: S-so it's really not me, but the cat...
- ???: Umm, what? I don't know you.
- ???: Buuuut yeah, thanks for saving my Boyfriend!
- Nino: Fuck, your WHAT now??
- ???: Whoops, that's a bad word!
- ???: Boyfriend, cover your ears, this Human has no filter!
- Nino: You keep saying that!
- Nino: The cat's your...??? Boyfriend??
- ???: Oh wait, Goodness, no.
- ???: Don't you get the wrong idea now!
- ???: I don't have a REAL BOY-boy-friend, you know?
- Nino: A real wh- What.
- ???: It's just, this thing I did.
- ???: I named this lovely cat "Boyfriend"!
- Nino: Oh. That's...
- Nino: I guess that explains it.
- Nino: ...But uh, why??
- ???: Well, that's cuz...
- ???: Hmmhmm... Ya know. :]
- Nino: I-I do?
- ???: Well... Just think about it a little more. :]
- Nino: Huh?
- Nino: Oh, wait.
- Nino: Did you literally name the cat "Boyfriend" just to be able to say "yes", if you were asked "do you have a boyfriend?"
- ???: :]]]]]]]]
- Nino: I guess the dumbass grin means yes.
- ???: IT'S THE BEST PLAN EVER.
- ???: Technically, when my mum asks if I'll be fine by myself in the earthern worlds...
- ???: I'm not lying when I say MUM. DON'T WORRY.
- ???: I HAVE THE ULTIMATE WEAPON: A BOYFRIEND.
- ???: And thus, the very earthern concept of acquiring love eases her worries away! Amazing, she forgets that we are loveless beings.
- ???: Seeee, lying is bad, I've basically never lied!
- ???: Isn't it amazing how truth is so flexible?
- Nino: I... Guess... So...?
- ???: Yeah!!!!
- ???: I am the goodest angel, I have committed not a single sin.
- Nino: ...Aren't you a thief.
- ???: O-oh, so you KNOW of my LEGENDS around these parts.
- Nino: I just saw a wanted poster of you, that's all.
- ???: HA, so you don't know...
- ???: Well, look, Human.
- ???: You don't need to be involved in my perhaps-morally-confusing affairs of necessary temporary borrowing.
- Nino: AKA stealing.
- Nino: Don't try to pretend it's something else.
- ???: No!
- Nino: Robbery. Evil burglerlations. I'm keeping my guard up!
- ???: No, no! What I do is besides the point!
- ???: No matter what you read or heard, I am not a bad person!
- ???: You found my Boyfriend, and I simply want to thank you!
- Nino: Whatever you say, thief.
- ???: Augh, I have a name, you know! A really good one!
- ???: Let's start over from a clean slate, Human.
- ???: My name's Meimona Corvus!
- Meimona: It's a blessed name, so speak it with care!
- Meimona: You can call me Mei, for short.
- Nino: Okay um, well met.
- Meimona: Or Mona, or MAIM... Haha, get it?
- Meimona: Like, MAIM-ona!
- Nino: H-haha?
- Meimona My name's so nice, it has infinite potential of many nicknames!
- Meimona: Like Eimo, Ona, Imona, Monamei, I could go on forever.
- Meimona: And that's just with my first name. Amazing, right?
- Meimona: You may use any one of them, Human!
- Nino: That's... nice?
- Nino: I guess I'm just going to go with the simplest one.
- Meimona: Now, do you have a name?
- Nino: Um, my name is Nino.
- Meimona: ...
- Meimona: ...Annnnd?
- Nino: Y-yeah?
- Nino: Oh, are you expecting more?
- Nino: It's just Nino.
- Meimona: What!!
- Meimona: Not even a last name?
- Nino: I don't know if I have a last name or not.
- Meimona: Why come?
- Nino: Er uh, it's this memory thing I have, long story...
- Nino: Argh, I shouldn't have mentioned it!
- Meimona: It sounds like a cool story to be told right about now!
- Meimona: I like long stories!
- Nino: No, no, and you're basically like, a stranger!
- Nino: I'm not telling you anything.
- Meimona: Oh. :[
- Nino: So just Nino is fine, let's not get into it.
- Meimona: But... That's so boring!
- Meimona: "Nino" doesn't even have any fun variations!
- Nino: Gee, thanks!!
- Meimona: Ino? No? In? Onion? Bluh!
- Meimona: I have a better alternative!
- Meimona: I shall call you Human Boy.
- Meimona: See, that's more interesting!
- Nino: Wait, what? But-
- Meimona: NO negotiations! You are Boy, and Human. Human Boy it is.
- Meimona: Wait, you are a Boy, right?
- Nino: I-I am, but-
- Meimona: And a Human?
- Nino: ...CAN'T you SEE that part?
- Meimona: Okay, that's yes then!
- Meimona: You are Human Boy now.
- Nino: HEY, I have a name, you can't just-
- Meimona: No! I can just and I will just!
- Meimona: Now, Human Boy! I owe you a favor for finding my precious cat!
- Nino: Ugh, fine, call me whatever.
- Nino: Wait. What kind of favor?
- Meimona: Ummm, whatever?
- Meimona: What do you want, money? Food? A better name?
- Meimona: I'll bring whatever, you just "name" it!
- Meimona: (Haha, see what I did there!) :]
- Nino: Huh, really.
- Nino: What if I want... The cat.
- Meimona: Oh.
- Meimona: NO! He's MY BOYFRIEND, not YOURS!
- Meimona: You can have anything BESIDES him!
- Nino: Well I'll have you know that your Boyfriend was ALL OVER ME just a second ago!
- Nino: He likes me better than you!!
- Meimona: WHAT D:
xD I already like meimona
Okay, I'm rereading and this is an incredibly small nitpick but after Nino's panic about Mei being his girlfriend, there should be end quotes after "I DON'T UNDERSTAND-"
WOW, typo on such an old page! Thanks, I've fixed it. :]