You probably should pick items that benefit the group as a whole, but still...
There's some room to spare, right?
It's your own inventory space anyway, so it'll be fine!
- Reed: So let me get this straight.
- Reed: Someone puts free food and money in front of you.
- Reed: But you pick a fucking book.
- Reed: The hell's your problem.
Nino: The book sounds like something useful in the long run.
- Nino: Hey, we have enough space for other things...
- Nino: Besides, aren't you guys curious to know what's up with a book this special?
- Reed: No.
- Nino: Okay, not accepting any answers from Reed about this.
- Meimona: Ummm, if you wanted to read then just go to the library, neeerd!
- Nino: ...And not accepting Mei answers either.
- Aria: Well, although I understand where Reed's coming from,
- Aria: I admit, the book did sound pretty interesting.
- Nino: Yes! Finally, someone who agrees with me!
- Reed: So what? It's two to two. That's a tie.
- Nino: ...Hmm... unless... hey, Mei?
- Nino: Do you actually disagree with taking this book at all,
- Nino: Or did you just want to call me a nerd?
- Meimona: I would never pass up the opportunity, haha!
- Meimona: But I don't care too much, actually...
- Meimona: I mean, I can't control what you do with your luggage space, nerd.
- Nino: Oho, what's this? A neutral party!
- Nino: That means it's two to one!
- Nino: And that means you're all alone in your disagreement, Reed.
- Nino: Sorry bro, looks like it's a win for democracy once again!
- Reed: ...Why are you even you putting this up to a vote?
- Reed: Objectively speaking, as the leader, you should make sure we all take things that help us as a group.
- Reed: There's no other acceptable action, you know.
- Reed: Or are you an idiot that thinks only of himself first and last?
Minus the idiot part.
He's not wrong about benefitting the team as a whole, but... you still don't want to pass this precious book up. Not merely due to your personal interest in it, but something tells you that, in the long run, it may be a much more valuable item than these guys expect.
That's mostly based on a gut feeling, but...
You're willing to trust that hunch.
Now, if you can just find a way to please all sides, then...
Nino: Do you even need that key anymore? You should probably return it, lest it falls into the wrong hands. You would hate to force those kind penguins to change their locks just because you didn't remember to drop the key off.
If you replace something in your inventory with a more beneficial item, Reed can't argue anymore! That way, you'll be the best leader that ever leadered... all while getting to keep your unique new book!
You were given ownership of the hotel room for two days, so technically speaking, there wouldn't be anything wrong with still keeping the keys.
But you can just return them early, right?
You're not coming back anyway, so it should be fine...
Nino: Take the bag of coins and the Chilling Cake. The coins are fairly obvious, but the cake... you're not entirely sure why, but you think you might need it. Just in case.
With the Book of Wonders taking a slot, you can only pick ONE (1) very useful thing.
So... maybe that super sweet looking cake? Having a meal on hand is nice, and you do wonder if the chilling effect could have an unexpected use.
Besides, there's no need to worry about the money. It's obvious that someone here is already going to take it!
Indeed, no one better to make the choice than-
Mei: Attempt to appraise the Polar Star, it might be worth more than the Sack of coins! Worse comes to worst it's still worth something.
- Meimona: YOINK!
- Meimona: DANANANAAAAAAAA!!!
- Meimona: Mei got a sparkly-pearly-thingy!
- Nino: Whoa, hey!
- Meimona: Heheheeeh, so shiny!
- Nino: Hold your horses, Mei!
- Nino: You... you were supposed to take the money...
- Meimona: What? But I want this pretty precious thing!
- Nino: You'd pass up on cash for that?
- Meimona: Why not! I love shinies!
- Nino: No! You need to pick something that benefits all of us!
- Meimona: Hey now, if YOU can do whatever you want with your god-given inventory space, then so can we! And I happen to want the shiny.
- Nino: You want it just because it's shiny?
- Nino: God, you really are a crow.
- Meimona: Whoa, what's that supposed to mean!?
- Meimona: Look, my expertise tells me...
- Meimona: If I play my cards right, this beaut could net me more profit than all the little pennies in that bag.
- Meimona: I'm totally gonna make a killing with a treasure this precious!
- Meimona: You just gotta believe, Nino.
- Nino: Fine, fine, but...
- Nino: I compromised a little with what I picked, didn't I?
- Nino: That means you have to follow suit too!
- Meimona: Umm...
- Nino: Not to mention, it's such a shame to pass up on free money...
- Meimona: Uuuugh, fiiine, you big baby.
Mei: Can you fit all the coins inside your coin pouch?
- Meimona: I'm not leaving my new treasure behind, buuuut...
- Meimona: I'll stash some of this cash in my own pouch?
- Aria: Oh, smart idea, Mei!
- Meimona: Hehe, weeell... it won't be the full amount.
- Meimona: But I'll take what I have room for!
While it's not the full amount, that's a bit better than leaving all of it behind, you suppose. Your conscience certainly isn't as unwilling to move on, at least.
Aria: That lunchbox could come in handy!
- Aria: As for my choice...
- Aria: I think I'll hold on to this for us.
- Meimona: A healing meal! Of couuurse!
- Reed: That's reasonable. I approve.
- Meimona: Good alternative to relying on Ninoboy's ability, huh?
- Aria: Yup! It'll take some load off of him.
- Five: Five thinks... food looks tasty!
- Five: Aria... making a good choice!
- Aria: Ah yeah, doesn't it look really delicious?
- Aria: I can tell that it was made with love. ^v^
- Nino: Man, why don't you guys praise my decisions like this too...
- Reed: Shush.
You truly feel like you've made the most of everyone's limited space.
Now then, the only thing left to do is...
Five: Play dress-up!
- Five: It's Five's turn!
- Five: Five wants presents to be... pretty clothes!
- Five: Pretty clothes for everyone!
- Aria: Yes! I've been waiting for this, hehe!
- Meimona: Awyeah, finally!
- Five: Five will choose... and make everyone become pretty!
Nino: For no reason whatsoever, take the cape.
- Five: First thing!
- Five: This one is for Nino!
Nino: Please get the cape. Please. Please take the cape. Please take it.
- Nino: ...
- Five: Nino... don't want it?
- Nino: Uh.
- Nino: I don't know.
Nino: Just take the cape. Just... just take it.
- Five: But it's good for Nino!
- Five: Five really thinks so!
- Nino: Um...
- Five: Was Five thinking wrong...?
- Five: Sorry, Nino...
Nino: Consider taking the red cape. On one hand the cape is a reminder of... him, but on the other, it could help act as a disguise and isn't in his striking blue. Not the mention, capes are cool.
Now pipe down already.
Nino: Become Red-Riding Nino.<
- Nino: Don't apologize.
- Nino: Your choice is, uhh...
- Nino: I think it's fitting to my tastes.
- Nino: It... looks really cool.
- Nino: So I'll take it.
- Five: Oh! Yay!!!
- Five: Now Nino will be so red and cool!
- Five: Like Red-Riding Hood!
It has its utility, as you can imagine.
No need to overthink this.
Besides, it makes Five happy that you trust her choices.
Everyone: Take the super-boss' recommendations and go get changed.
- Five: Here! This one is for Mei!
- Five: Mei loves... funny colors, right?
- Meimona: Heheheh, you betcha.
- Meimona: Thanks, Five! This seems pretty nice!
- Five: And this one is for Aria!
- Five: Aria will look good with... pretty purple color!
- Aria: Aww, you even considered our preferences.
Meimona: Scoop up every accessory in the display, somebody must be willing to swap them for coin when you're sick of wearing them.
Aria: May as well pick something out while everyone else is, find something that looks nice.
Five: Equip purple bow
The crowd roars in applause for the aspiring little fashionista.
Party: Finish preparations.
- Lacia: Oh, how delightful this is!
- Lacia: Truly, your appearances are now befitting those of heroes!
Reed: You'd be better off keeping those arms covered.
- Nino: Err... thanks?
- Reed: Not exactly a compliment I want to hear.
- Meimona: Hey, be polite!
- Aria: Yeah, even if you don't like the clothes, they were a gift!
- Reed: I didn't say I disliked them.
- Reed: The style of these outfits is pretty good, actually.
- Aria: Wait, so you... you actually like them?
- Reed: No. I didn't mean it in regards to my personal taste.
- Reed: Hell, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing fancy threads like this normally.
- Reed: I would've preferred a plain hoodie.
- Nino: That sounds like you alright.
- Reed: But, this less "modern" looking style.
- Reed: It's better fit for... you know.
- Aria: Oh... I see!
- Meimona: So you three are gonna look like the REAL deal, huh.
- Reed: Sure. Plus, the flowy capes and hoods will be helpful.
- Reed: So although it's not really my style, It'll make do.
- Nino: That's good to know...
- Nino: Then, I think we're ready to go!
Nino: Drop off the Room Key, and take the Book of Wonders!
- Penguin: Human... leaving?
- Nino: Yeah!
- Nino: Um, we didn't leave the room messy by the way.
- Penguin: Woah... now penguins' work will be easier.
- Penguin: Thank you lots, human.
- Nino: No problem!
- Nino: Just our way of repaying the favor.
- Nino: By the way, I probably won't see you guys again, but Mei will be back.
- Nino: When you see her again...
- Nino: Could you let her keep that room for herself?
- Penguin: Hm... but if Mei will be tenant, then...
- Penguin: Mei must pay to have room.
- Penguin: Just like everyone else.
- Nino: Oops, that's true...
- Nino: Well, why not just give her the offer when the time comes!
- Nino: Maybe she'll find one of your lodgings suitable.
- Penguin: Sure. Happy to accept new friends.
- Nino: Oh, and hey, that bag of leftover money there...
- Nino: Can you let Mei have it when she's back, too?
- Nino: It'd help her get a place.
- Nino: Just don't mention that I asked you to do this, alright.
- Penguin: Oh... alrighty.
- Penguin: Human is good hero, I see.
- Penguin: Good to friends...
- Penguin: And very kind to Mei.
- Nino: Oh no, not again with this...
- Nino: Look, I'm just repaying some favors, alright?
- Nino: Don't think about it too much.
- Nino: There's nothing heroic about a guy like me.
Goodbye, Icicle Bay, and goodbye, Kaji.
Or should you say, "see you later"?
Party: Board ship.
After all, your eyes are set on a daring new adventure.