- Aria: Aaaah... yeah...
- Aria: To make a long story short...
- Aria: Five is actually a monster.
- Aria: See, without my disguise on, she's really just a little monster.
- Meimona: A human disguise!? What the heck!
- Aria: P-please understand!
- Aria: There's no way she could've passed through everything safely otherwise...
- Meimona: Yeah, right! My gosh!
- Meimona: Kaji would undo everything we've worked for if he knew you smuggled some monster kid in!
- Meimona: Good foresight on the disguise, I guess...
- Meimona: Even though I don't get why you brought her here in the first place!
- Aria: Oh, now that'd be a doubly long story...
- Meimona: Lady, tell me, are there any more surprises here that I should prepare my maidenly heart for!?
- Aria: W-well, this would be the biggest one of all! Nothing else I can think of.
- Aria: You've safely crossed the worst hurdle, h-hooray...!
- Meimona: Whew, then... let me just confirm one thing.
- Meimona: So you guys all pretty much met in the monster world?
- Meimona: You, Reed, Nino, and Five...?
- Five: Yeah!
- Meimona: Wahahahahahah! That's crazy!
- Meimona: What's this, almost none of you were in the right place!
- Five: Is it not okay if Five is a monster, Mei...?
- Five: If it's bad, then Five can pretend to not be monster again!
- Five: But... Five doesn't like lying.
- Meimona: Ehh, uhhh... I mean...
- Meimona: It's okay, probably! I think I kinda get it now!
- Meimona: It's not bad to be a monster, Five.
- Meimona: It's just that, humans here are suuuuch scaredy cats...
- Meimona: They would get reaaally spooked if they saw a monster.
- Meimona: Even though Five's a harmless little thing!
Nino: Not bad, not bad. So how and when did you figure it out?
Five: Hey! Nino remembered something! Admittedly, it's one relatively minor detail about Five's identity, but it's gotta count for something!
- Five: Nino remembers Five now?
- Nino: ...Um...
- Nino: Not at all, sorry.
- Nino: I just... somehow knew that you were a monster.
- Nino: But I don't remember our meeting, or what I promised you.
- Five: ...Auuuh...
- Aria: Gee, you're so brutally honest.
- Nino: Sorry! I don't want to lie to a kid, okay!?
- Nino: It's weird, it's like I knew this one thing as a fact.
- Nino: But other than that...
- Nino: There's nothing in my memories about either of you.
- Aria: Then, we'll just talk about ourselves some more!
- Aria: Five, what did you mean when you said you were hurt?
- Aria: Who or what was it that hurt you?
- Aria: That would be what you healed her from...
- Nino: Oh... I guess so.
- Nino: But my ability just heals wounds and stuff.
- Nino: Were you hurt like that, Five?
- Five: Umm...
- Five: No one did anything to Five.
- Five: Five was just... transforming.
- Nino: What does that mean?
- Five: Five... doesn't know a lot about transformation.
- Five: Five only knows... transforming, is... painful.
- Five: There was a lot of pain, everywhere.
- Five: But Nino made the pain go away!
- Five: Nino is good! Nino really helped Five!
- Meimona: Uhmmm, woah.....
- Meimona: Why was poor little Five going through this painful thing?
- Meimona: There has to be a reason, even if it's not something someone did to you!
- Five: Reason... Five knows why.
- Five: Transformation... is for weak monsters.
- Five: Because Five is a weak monster...
- Five: Weak monsters... must transform, to not be useless.
- Five: But, it hurt.
- Five: It hurt so much.
- Five: And Five didn't want it anymore.
- Five: Five really didn't want it, but Five also can't stay weak.
- Five: If Five is weak, then...
- Five: Five will lose Five's friends.
- Five: So... Five wanted to be strong, too.
- Five: But it really, really hurt...
- Aria: Ah... it's okay, Five, you're okay now.
- Aria: Nothing will hurt you here!
- Nino: You don't need to recount that if, it's difficult...
- Nino: It sounds a bit too much to force out.
- Meimona: Yeah, no need to think about something that makes you so sad!
- Aria: We won't leave you, Five, no matter what.
- Five: ...Yeah... it's... all okay now!
- Five: If Five is with Five's friends, then everything is okay!
- Aria: That's right!
- Meimona: Let's try picking this up on a lighter note instead!
- Meimona: Five, what about after Nino healed you? What happened then?
- Five: Ummm...
- Five: Five... told Nino about friend.
- Five: Then Nino promised to take Five home!
- Five: And then Nino and Five met doggy!
- Five: Then Nino and Five and doggy met Aria!
- Five: Then Aria met Reed!
- Five: Then, umm... Aria and Reed took Five here!
- Five: Then Five met Mei! Mei is really funny!
- Five: And there's Mei's funny cat, too!
- Five: And now, Five is with everyone... and everyone is with Five!
- Five: And everything is really fun now! Because being with everyone is fun!
- Five: So now...
- Five: Everyone understands everything?
- Nino: ...Errr...
- Meimona: ...Yeah!
- Aria: Totally...!
- Nino: (Sounds like a lot of details were skipped somehow...)
- Meimona: (Sorry, Nino, that wasn't as helpful as I thought it'd be.)
- Aria: (I-it sure is a nice condensed version of events, haha...!)
- Aria: (But, um, does it maybe still remind you of anything, Nino?)
- Nino: (Uh... of course not.)
- Aria: (Right, huh... )
None of this really rings a bell.
What's even more unhelpful than Aria's recounting of unfamiliar events, is a recounting of unfamiliar events done through the words of a child.
Still, it sounds like this poor kid has suffered a lot.
Although you all want to know more, you're not too keen on making her recall painful times. There should be some better approach to getting information here...
Ludwig: Reminisce on the portrait of Ludwig capturing only a ghost of your goodness.
However, that is not you in the painting.
If you must know how you can tell that this is not a painting of yourself, it is because the depiction is lacking. Indeed, it is no match for your ghastly yet dignified self, and your distinguished, wonderous gait, is not at all pictured.
Thus, this is merely just another one of your kind. A generic, nameless wolfhound.
Bah. You are not fond of this fellow. He is a shameful one.
You do not associate with your kind anymore, for they bring nothing but shame.
Like every wolfhound, you are quite loyal to your master. But unlike the rest, you do not attack anyone unprovoked.
Long ago, on a fiery battlefield, you witnessed how your kind terrorize helpless humans, all because of their masters' orders. And so, you deserted that field alone, despite all the scorn from your kin.
Ludwig: After all, the only master you'll accept is a fair one.
Ludwig's kind come in many sizes and shapes, but only in two colors:
Stark white and pitch black.
These are rimehounds that dwell in snows, and wolfhounds that dwell in forests.
Having tried the cold weather here... it is unpleasant.
You find rimehounds even more difficult to understand after this experience.
Also, white is frankly such a dull color, you daresay.
It is nowhere as intimidating as your beautiful vantablack shadowy self, indeed.
Ludwig: Also shadily sneak and listen to the peoples.
One could choose to join the jubilant group where master is, surrounding the little monster child, or one could choose to stand guard by the human who smells of metal.
A difficult choice, indeed.
But you see, master has taught you that loneliness is most unpleasant. Therefore, you will keep the lone one's company for the time being.
Master will surely be proud.
She has grown fond of this one, after all.
Reed: So, how's "Headquarters" over there?
- E1dolon: HEY bro!
- E1dolon: Guess what I'm doin!?
- Reed: Hello. Don't freak out.
- E1dolon: Wut?
- Reed: I'm asking preemptively.
- Reed: Got a question unrelated to the walls of text you destroyed my phone with.
- E1dolon: What the heck, you didn't even read what I said?
- Reed: I don't have time to respond to every bit of it.
- E1dolon: Ha, you're so lazy!
- E1dolon: ...Or you just don't care...
- Reed: No, that's not it...
- E1dolon: You didn't even try to guess what I'm doin'.
- E1dolon: So you really don't care dude.
- Reed: Hey, don't be upset.
- E1dolon: Psh, I'm not mad!
- E1dolon: Whatever, dumbo, I don't care if you don't!
- Reed: Okay, uh, fine... I'll humor you.
- Reed: What are you doing over there?
- E1dolon: Nooo I said you gotta guess!
- Reed: Aaaalright. Fine. No problem.
- Reed: I hear clicking...
- Reed: You're on a computer?
- E1dolon: Heheeeeeeyeah you betcha!
- Reed: Uh, that doesn't narrow it down, actually.
- Reed: Which computer is this?
- E1dolon: Definitely not one of the shitty work ones, that's for sure.
- Reed: Oh, so you're not doing homework.
- Reed: Even though it would be good if you were.
- E1dolon: Whoa, hell no, are you kidding me!?
- E1dolon: This is muuuch better than that mindless crap!
- Reed: Mindless?
- Reed: Wait, are you just...
- Reed: ...Gaming right now?
- E1dolon: BINGOOOOOO!
E1dolon: GAME ON
- E1dolon: Dude you have no idea how much butt I'm kicking!
- E1dolon: If Galactic Princess Simulator had a butt kicking counter that shit would be overflowing like crazy.
- E1dolon: Kick butts so hard the buttkicking counts in the freaking negatives!
- Reed: Seriously...
- Reed: You've got all the free time in the world, huh.
- E1dolon: If only I had a good team tho.
- E1dolon: Everybody else is, like, braindead.
- E1dolon: Or aged in the single-digits-years-old range.
- E1dolon: Like, man...
- E1dolon: If only the best teammate ever wasn't outta service, huh?
- E1dolon: Am I right bro???
- Reed: I have no idea what you're on about.
- E1dolon: Uuugh, Reed, I'm saying...
- E1dolon: You need to get the fuck in here!
- E1dolon: We'll tear 'em a new one together!
- Reed: Oh. No.
- Reed: Wait, I mean... yes, but no.
- Reed: Yes, as in later, but no, as in not soon.
- E1dolon: Aw c'mon! Why not!? Did you get lost out there?
- E1dolon: Heheh, forgot that you literally got a map built into you or something?
- E1dolon: If you hurry up, you can probably make it before this round ends bro!
- Reed: Uh, god.
- Reed: It's not that easy.
- E1dolon: Uhhh... so you're not lost?
- E1dolon: Did you forget the house key??
- Reed: No. Those are things that would happen to you only.
- E1dolon: Whoa, that's not true!
- E1dolon: I haven't lost the new spare yet!
- Reed: "Yet"?
- E1dolon: I mean... you never know, right?
- E1dolon: Just accounting for all possibilities.
- E1dolon: But I'm good with it now! Won't lose it if it has my fave keychain.
- Reed: Jeez...
- Reed: Look, I'm just in a pretty tough spot out here.
- Reed: And so... there's something I need to ask.
- Reed: But don't freak out when you hear it.
- E1dolon: Uhhh... mmm'kay.
- E1dolon: What's up with you?
- Reed: Ok. So.
- Reed: Hypothetically speaking.
- Reed: Is there enough food to last you for two days at home?
- Reed: Again, just hypothetically speaking.
- Reed: Not like I'll be gone that long, but you know.
- Reed: This is just in case.
- Reed: So-
- E1dolon: WHAT THE HELL BRO.
E1dolon: Freak out.
- Reed: Damn it.
- Reed: I said don't freak out.
- E1dolon: There's NOTHING here.
- E1dolon: You know what I've been eating? NOTHING!
- Reed: There's fucking fresh produce in the fridge.
- Reed: And I think we haven't run out of juice yet.
- E1dolon: Yeah? That's a big load of NOTHING.
- E1dolon: Now I MAY have to crack open ONE emergency instant noodles cup...
- E1dolon: And I only have ONE left that I was saving for a SPECIAL day...
- E1dolon: But there is NOTHING besides that.
- Reed: This "nothing" is called ingredients, goddammit.
- Reed: So can't you just... make yourself something?
- E1dolon: ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOT.
- Reed: Language.
- E1dolon: DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP NOW!!!
- E1dolon: I've never never never cooked and you know it!
- E1dolon: I don't wanna eat raw veggies, or whatever...
- E1dolon: But I mean, it's okay, right?
- E1dolon: It's no problem, if you just...
- E1dolon: Just, just, come back home already!
- Reed: I can't do that right away.
- Reed: Would you try to bear with it for a little more?
- E1dolon: Reed are you for real.
- E1dolon: I just died like five times dude.
- E1dolon: What are you doing, ruining my K/D record.
- Reed: Whoops. Sorry.
- Reed: There's really nothing I can do about it.
- Reed: But I can explain why that is the case, so...
- E1dolon: Reed I'm gonna actually scream into a pillow if you're for real.
- Reed: ...Well, I guess...
- Reed: If doing that will make you less upset, then...
- E1dolon: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
God, the neighbors will complain again, won't they.
You're not upset at her, though. In fact, you feel kind of guilty here.
You're truly not upset with her, but this is all just a bit... worrisome.
She's the last person who can be left alone for this long.
You should've known better, and not have let it come down to this. This situation, in your book, is a colossal screw up.
Staying by the side of family should've been the priority, no matter what.
Ludwig: Comfort metal boy.
And she begrudgingly accepted it, but under one condition.
Word for word, "buy me something good", she demanded.
Well, at least the spooky big dog is giving you a comforting nuzzle in these trying times. As if to say, it's not your fault.
It's not helping much, but it's better than nothing.
Reed: Join the group.
- Aria: Ah, you're done with your call, Reed?
- Reed: About that... Aria.
- Reed: You said you wanted to buy something, right?
- Reed: Do you still want to do that?
- Aria: Huh? C-can I!?
- Reed: Err. Yeah. Sure.
- Reed: Could you... help me get an apology gift later?
- Aria: ...Get a what...?
- Reed: Since I'm going to be so delayed in going back, and my si-
- Reed: I mean, headquarters is pissed off about that.
- Aria: I-is that so...
- Reed: Please don't ask about it.
- Aria: Reed, wow...
- Aria: Well, I can try to help, I guess!
- Reed: I'd appreciate it.
Still, you continue to wonder what sort of powerful person could push him to this extent. Your curiosity is overflowing, but also... your happiness!
You'll maybe finally get to own something from HUMANS, after all!
If there was a counter for Aria's happiness, it would be in the negatives - is how a certain wise yet immature person would've described it.
- Reed: What's going on with you guys anyway?
- Reed: We're here to rest, but you were all being so damn loud.
- Meimona: Aw, man, you missed that whole talk!
- Meimona: Well, too bad, no one's gonna rehash everything for you.
- Aria: D-don't be that way, Mei!
- Aria: Reed, it's a long story, but...
- Aria: We were hoping Nino will remember us, if we talked about how we all met.
- Aria: That's the gist of it.
- Reed: ...Huh.
- Reed: Is it going well at all?
- Meimona: Ehhh, maybe!
- Aria: There's been some progress, but...
- Five: Hey, Nino!
- Five: Nino now knows about Five again... right?
- Five: Then, Five was wondering...
- Five: When is Nino going to take Five home?
- Five: Can Five go home now?
- Nino: Oh, listen.
- Nino: There's no way that I-
Nino: Don't be stupid.
Clearly, you've nearly broken the last straw for that furious, overprotective lioness behind you. You are but mere prey, and she must feed her young. You'd better carefully word your answer, or hell will be unleashed upon ye.
Also, because Five is really way too nice to you, and you don't want to make her sad by being too blunt again. Yeah.