- Meimona: Nino, what the heck are you doing?
- Nino: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, GOD!
- Meimona: I'm saving our collective bottoms.
- Meimona: Again, might I add!
- Nino: At least steady the ship, I can't even stand up straight like this!
- Meimona: Sure, ummm...
- Meimona: I couldn't really control it earlier, but I think it should be better now!
- Meimona: So get up, you baby.
- Nino: Right, just,
- Nino: Warn me if you'll do something crazy again, please!
- Meimona: Dunno what you mean, but aye aye!
- Meimona: And hey, you have to call me CAPTAIN Mei now.
- Meimona: I've been upgraded from the officer position, matey! >:]
- Nino: ...I'm not going to do that.
Maybe it doesn't even deserve to be called a ship! Perhaps it's just a dinky fancied up boat for fast deliveries, but you haven't really seen any other ships to make an apt comparison.
You can't see the island's port anymore. Somehow, you've travelled a respectable distance in such a short time, and despite how nauseating it was, at least it means you're safe now...
Probably...? You should make sure of that.
Mei's still holding the wheel. You guess she must know something about sailing ships, after all. For once, it's a topic you have absolutely no knowledge in, so it's all up to her.
The first important thing here is this anchor.
It either wasn't dropped in the first place, or Mei raised it beforehand.
Unbeknownst to you, its the former.
An uncaring sailor is currently being harshly reprimanded by the captain of the sea patrol for forgetting to drop this very anchor.
Thanks, incompetent sailors.
Now you get to explore this ship(?) with Boyfriend!
And right here is your second landmark after the anchor.
Behold: a door.
What could be hiding behind it?
You slowly open the door and peer into a totally dark room.
Is there storage here, or perhaps...
Some lady who seems to be...
This ship's captain, judging by the hat on the floor.
The captain who is, for some reason, fully armed while asleep, and apparently has somehow slept through the entire commotion Mei caused earlier.
Who in the world sleeps while clutching a cutlass like it's a teddy bear...?
Your gut, along with every other part of your body, says you absolutely can't afford dealing with THIS kind of dangerous person.
Fortunately, this door's key was left in the keyhole.
Thanks again, incompetent sailors.
Quietly, the door is locked, and the feline witness is silenced. Nobody shall know of your sly tactics.
- Meimona: Hey! What are you doing down there, by the way?
- Nino: Nothing important.
- Nino: Hey, don't be too disruptive, Mei.
- Meimona: ...? Okaaaay?
You don't know much about sailing ships. From what you guess, the sails they've got are dependent on favorable wind direction. And now that you stop to check the wind, seems like it's blowing strongly in the exact direction you needed to sail away from the ports. You guess that's where you're going at the present.
Is this perfect setup just pure luck, as if the wind itself answered to Meimona?
If that's the case, then she's... an extremely valuable asset.
Wait, no. That's not a good way to describe a living being!!!! Thinking of people in that way is kind of dehumanizing. Or, erm, whatever the winged equivalent word for 'dehumanizing' is.
The Winged really should learn from humans and invent a word like that.
Anyway, she's, uh... a helpful person.
Ever since you agreed to cooperate, she hasn't tried to leave you behind or anything, so that's good and hey where did the sky go.
An incredibly massive shadow blots out 80% of your surrounding cool view.
Suddenly, you're convinced the thing you're on is no ship, not even a boat.
You must be on a baby sail, made by babies and for babies,
because that's what a real ship looks like.
- Nino: Mei!!! Are you seeing that!?
- Meimona: Oh, sorry! I spaced out a little.
- Meimona: Hmmm? Yeah, that's the sea patrol's ship.
- Nino: Aaah, I suspected something like that. Shit, shit, shit!
- Meimona: Haha, its got such a tacky sail!
- Meimona: Kaji marks everything he's got, so it's easy to tell.
- Nino: Hey, Mei!! It's approaching us!
- Nino: So why are you so calm right now!?
- Nino: Do you feel nothing seeing how freaked out I am-
- Nino: I mean, poor Boyfriend is?
- Nino: We need to avoid them, at all costs!
- Meimona: Calm down, it's fine.
- Meimona: Just means we've gotta abandon ship!
- Nino: Uh... how?
- Nino: We're stranded in the middle of the sea!
- Meimona: Weeeell, you impatient boy, OBVIOUSLY I'm bringing us closer to some land first.
- Nino: What land?
- Meimona: Any land!
- Meimona: Let me just...
- Meimona: HURRAH!
- Nino: What doOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
- Meimona: Annnd- stop!
- Meimona: That much should be enough!
- Nino: OW.
- Nino: Mei.
- Nino: Did I not tell you, NOT to do crazy things like that without warning.
- Meimona: Oh, so that's what you meant.
- Nino: What ELSE would I mean!
- Meimona: Shhh, boy, we're here!
- Nino: We're... where?
- Meimona: HERE!
- Meimona: Ahoy, look at that tiny land!
- Meimona: It's like a baby-island! Totally empty, too!
- Nino: ...
- Nino: That's so far away.
- Meimona: I moved the ship as close as I could.
- Nino: Really, can't you nudge it just a little closer?
- Meimona: Nope!
- Meimona: If I tried again, I'd overshoot it and slam the ship thing into the ice thing.
- Meimona: I don't want the consequences of all that collateral damage.
- Nino: ...
- Nino: How... did you even...
- Meimona: But don't worry, the remaining distance is a piece of cake.
- Meimona: Let's see...
- Meimona: This little altitude combined with the distance seems okay.
- Nino: ...What are you talking about?
- Meimona: Nothing for you to worry about.
- Meimona: C'mon, we're gonna jump off, so get ready!
- Nino: We're... WHAT?
- Meimona: You heard me!
- Meimona: Oh, thank god you're wearing a belt.
- Nino: W-
- Nino: What.
- Meimona: So your pants don't fall off. It's gravity, silly.
- Meimona: That would be really embarrassing for you, I think!
- Nino: My... what.
- Nino: No, wait, wait, first of all, WHAT.
- Nino: WE'RE...
- Nino: JUMPING OFF TO THERE?
- Nino: I SAID THAT'S REALLY FAR AWAY!
- Nino: If you fall in the water, you'd probably freeze to death!
- Meimona: We're not going to fall.
- Meimona: So, hup!
- Meimona: Now hold on tight!
- Nino: Nh- NOT AGAIN, HEY!
- Nino: DON'T DO THIS WITHOUT PERMISSION!
- Meimona: Haha!
- Meimona: Listen, when I jump, you have to close your eyes!
- Nino: WAIT, WAIT!
- Meimona: Let's go!
- Nino: NO- WAIT, MEI...
- Nino: Stop deciding everything by yourself!
- Meimona: Close your eyes and believe!
- Meimona: Don't you worry about anything, Nino.
- Meimona: You're a valuable asset, I won't lose you.
Nino: Try to believe.